The Voices of Neurosurgery submission deadline has passed, but we invite you to join us at the 2019 CNS Annual Meeting on Tuesday, October 22 to hear your colleagues' inspiring stories.
Do you have an inspiring story to share with your fellow neurosurgeons? Submit it for the opportunity to present at the 2019 CNS Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
No experience is required—only inspiring stories! They may be humorous or dramatic, as long as they are authentic experiences. Consider the following questions:
- When were you most inspired in your field? By a colleague or patient?
- When did you question your impact or find yourself facing an impossible situation?
- When you look back in life, what moments will you remember most?
Story Pitch Requirements
- True and first-person narrative that can be told in 7–8 minutes
- A short description of your story (150 words or fewer), including:
- What happens in the story (i.e., the arc—beginning, middle, and end)
- Why it was a memorable experience for you
- The tone of the story (e.g., funny, sad, sarcastic, etc.)
- Submit your pitch by Thursday, August 15, 2019
If Your Story Is Selected
If your story is chosen for the event, you will receive 4–5 hours of individual coaching from professionals at Massmouth, a Boston-based nonprofit organization. The coaches will help you focus and edit your story and prepare for delivery.
Storytellers will be required to send an audio recording of their draft and will receive both written and verbal feedback. Coaches will work around the teller's schedule and coaching can take place during the day, evening, or weekend via telephone or online beginning September 1, up until the meeting. Failure to send recordings in a timely manner or participate in the coaching sessions may result in your story being replaced.
A maximum of six tellers will be selected to share their stories in the CNS Xperience Lounge on Tuesday, October 22 starting at 1:45 pm. Participants must register for the Annual Meeting.
Submission deadline: August 15, 2019